Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

......i am back (the question is ....for how long?)

2016......

it's been two years since i last graced your presence with my prose.  where have i been and what have i been up to during all this elapsed time?


  • I have traveled✈️some....
  • I've seen some AMAZING concerts 🎶by some of my favorite artists 🎤with some of my closest friends 👫👭👬👫
  • I've spent time with my Gangsta Family 🕵️researching family history and folklore
  • I've met some of my extended family for the very first time
  • I've done battle with Bruce 👽and come out the other side victoriously
  • I've re-joined the Pampered Chef 👩‍🍳and am enjoying the opportunity to bring fun & quick cooking hacks to my friends' kitchens
  • I've been a member of Social Coaching - learning how to be a good Social Citizen



I guess you could say I've been keeping pretty busy!

What is Social Coaching and how can you be a good Social Citizen?
Social Coach is a group led by John-Erik🚀 The purpose of this group is to learn how to be a good Social Citizen, to not be janky and spammy. We are learning how to develop meaningful relationships with people we meet in Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter etc) but may not have ever met in real life. Our coach John-Erik🚀is an amazeballs coach. He has a charismatic and upbeat, no holds barred approach to teaching us how to not be janky.  He is also a hacker extraordinaire and he shares so many fantabulous tips, tricks and hacks with us so that we can learn how to work with the algorithm and create meaningful posts that will engage our friends and family.

John-Erik🚀has also taken on the enormous task of helping us dig deep and develop the skills to realize our dreams.  Just after Thanksgiving this year I was privileged to be accepted into the group program called DREAM COACH: Discover.  This is a forty day course where we learn the valuable principles needed to discover our dreams and coax them into fruition.

To say i was EXCITED is the understatement of the year. Something that I have never shared, I have never had a dream or goal in my entire life! The reason? Because I don't know how. Now, one of the first principles we learned is that a dream is a wish your heart makes. As children, we all had wishes/dreams but as we grew older many of us forgot how to listen to our hearts to hear the wishes and therefore the dreams were never born. But, truthfully, I don't ever remember having a wish or dream in all of my childhood either. Now, here I was, about to embark on the journey to find my dream! I was excited. I was nervous. I followed every lesson and completed many of the assignments. Until I got inside my own head and became afraid because I was not finding my dream.

Then it happened! Last night as I listened to the video replay of our weekly coaching lesson, I had an epiphany....  There is no rule that states that I must have one big grand dream! I can have many smaller dreams as long as I DO THE THING that brings each dream into reality!And as my dreams become realities I hope to inspire others to take that step, whether it is a big one or a baby one, and let their dreams take on a life of its own too.

The first thing I started doing this morning was thinking about the things I enjoyed doing and how I wanted to proceed....could one of these things be my first dream? Ultimately, I know I enjoy writing. I could see myself writing a book one day. I would base it on the history and folklore I have learned about my family. But, I am not ready yet, I feel there is more I need to discover about my family before I start weaving this tale. So what about NOW? One of the principles we are learning about in DREAM COACH: Discover is the principle of ACTION vs ACTIVITY.  What action can I take right now that will pave the path for this first dream to become a reality?  I can practice and hone my writing skills. I can pick up where I left off on my blogs. Specifically, I can begin writing on my FAMILY BLOG. I can record the biographies of the family members I am researching and create a historical document of their lives.  This blog is called FAMILY HISTORY - The Blog  if you are inclined to check out what I've written so far or if you want to follow along as I add more stories about my family that came before me.

I can and I most probably will also start blogging right here about the randomness of my life and adventures (there have been a few since the last time I blogged here) ....so stay tuned to the DREAM that is about to come to life! 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment