Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

what would you do....

if you didn't have to 'worry' about bringing home the bacon? if no matter what you chose you would receive enough dough to pay all your monthly expenses (including housing/food/gas) have enough to spend on socializing and put away for a rainy day?

this is not a trick question.
this is not a 'i would sleep late & party all night & do whatever i felt like at the moment' scenario

this is based on the fact that we need money to live, but we often do jobs that give us the money yet we shortchange ourselves because we are not really living.  only exsisting.

i would take pictures. photography has always been my passion since i first held a kodak instamatic with square flashcubes. then i would write. i would write stories and articles and essays and poems and i would incoporate the photos i took into the words i write. lastly i would scrapbook.

to encapsulate my vision of what i would do if i could create my dream job......

i would take pictures of 'YOU' (whoever was willing to hire me) i would capture 'YOUR' story in words and then i would save 'YOUR' memories in a scrapbook that 'YOU' would be able to keep forever.

.....so, where do i apply for this 'job'

lol.....if only fantasies weren't so inviting!
oh well....back to the grind....

1 comment:

  1. Life would be so simple & uncomplicated if we all had this opportunity. I've never wanted more than that.I just need enough to get me on my feet. I often think about this kind of thing a little too much. I made a list of things to do if I were to win Publisher's Clearing House or the lottery. Here goes.
    1. Give some to my church.
    2. Set up accounts for all my girls for college or what ever.
    3. Buy me a house or property that kind of thing & the car I want with all the bells & whistles for safety sake of course.
    4. Pay back my parents for all they've done for me
    5. Help a few friends if they would let me.
    6. Volunteer at my kids schools
    7. Still work with Jim & Faye but for free.
    8. Take classes on writing, jewelry
    9. Set up my craft room so I can make my jewelry, write all the things Id like to do.
    10. Take my girls to Disneyland & World.
    11. Visit with family I haven't seen in years.
    12. Set up a permanent place for the mumtique at church or something like it.

    ReplyDelete