Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

CUTCO KNIVES

THEY are awesome....
THEY cut through everything with precision.....
THEY are sharp.....
THEY come in two fabulous colors (black & white)
THEY have an ergodynamic comfort fit handle
THEY have a tang that reaches up through the handle (just like a GOOD QUALITY KNIFE should!)

i HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE them!!!!!!

i have owned them for almost 9 months now...and in that time i have used them half a dozen times and in that time i have gotten half a dozen new scars on my hands from the cuts they have inflicted on me....i'm afraid to use the complimentary scissors that come with them....i might actually lose a finger!!!

they are CURSED!!! the hob was not happy when he found out i purchased them.....said they were too expensive & it was money we didn't have.................WELL ever since that comment i have been doomed!

when my precious knives arrived i couldn't bear to take them out of the box because he was so not happy with my purchase decision......they sat for a good two months in a sealed unopened box. but eventually i HAD TO get them off the dining room table. so out of the box and on to the counter.

it was another 3 weeks before i ventured to use them for the first time...and promptly sliced my finger! chalk that up to carelessness......the second time i was more careful, got almost to the end of the cutting job before i knicked my finger.....the third and fourth times....well what can i say? OUCH! then came the time that i was being CAREFUL, i was being CAUTIOUS, i got through the whole cutting event without any blood shed!!!! i was overjoyed....until......i washed the instrument!!!!! it sliced the palm of my hand open! @*%(#&*($&(*!!!......NOW you might think that this is the end of the story. but no, my bff has CUTCO knives too....but their's are white (mine are black) and i've used their's in the past (BEFORE i got my cursed set) with no problems.........so i didn't think twice when i grabbed their bread knife last thursday and started slicing a baguette....it wasn't until that last slice...the one that went 3/4 of the way through the side of my finger....that i even considered that the curse could be contatgious!!!!!!!!


OUCH!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh, this is great!!! I can listen to you go on and on all day!!!

    Love the knife story, but so sorry for your pain!

    If it makes you feel any better (which it won't b/c you are not that kind of person) I sliced my finger opened Sunday. I have butter fingers and just drop and break EVERYTHING. Usually in relation to cooking Aviana's food for the week.

    This time it was an 8 cup measuring cup. At the end of all cooking and it was the LAST thing to dry! I dropped it, almost caught it, but didn't! Shattered all over and a piece jumped up and into my finger. OUCH!!!

    Love your blog, love you and look forward to reading more :o)

    ReplyDelete