Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

struggles

my friend jen asked on her blog.....what do we struggle with and how do we cope with our struggles


i struggle with life

i struggle with trying to be the best me i can be and often falling short of the mark

i struggle with my desire for children (my own or adopted)

i struggle with my weight .... shape .... physical fitness (or lack of)

i struggle with 'selflessness disorder' (yes i coined that one) it's where you think and do for others before thinking/doing for yourself to an EXTREME

I struggle with depression - mild....not to the point of not wanting to get out of bed or end it all...just a darkness that sometimes won't go away.

I struggle with loss.....i was not ready to become an 'orphan' when my parents died

I struggle with keeping the family ties with my siblings when it's so easy for us to all go our separate ways in our busy lives

I struggle with chronic back pain - herniated discs in both my upper & lower back caused by degenerative back disease


i cope through music........so many songs from so many genres can express the thoughts and feelings i can not put into words

i cope through hope.......as an eternal optimist, no matter how bad it gets i can always see the silver lining.....somewhere

i cope through my faith, my belief in God and that there is a life after this in which we will all meet again and there is no more pain no more suffering.

i cope with the thought that tomorrow is another day to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment