Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

here's the pitch

......tonight's movie was PITCH PERFECT. some of my all-time favorite chick flicks involve guys & girls and love & angst and singing and MUSIC.......and a sappy love story with a great...not just a good....but a REALLY GREAT soundtrack is THE BEST!!!

which brings me to tonights topic. singing.....can you do it? are you a shower singer? do you participate full-on in music making choirs and cover bands and karaoke fetes?

me? oh i am a DEFINITE soloist in the automobile........put me in a car all by myself and crank on the music and i am oh so happy to be singing away for hours on end......ok i admit i will sing snippets when others are in the car too.....but i think it's more torturous on them than anything else.

i remember in fourth grade mrs macdonald told me and elly that we had the best voices in the class --- ultimately, at least for me, i do not think that that was a complement....it just meant that i was really really loud. this theory was reinforced by my brothers whenever we went on a family road trip and they spent half the time moaning in pain and the other half begging my mom to put duck tape on my mouth to keep me quiet.....

fast forward to a week ago. we went to val's after the vigil service......and it was karaoke night (actually i am beginning to think that EVERY NIGHT is karaoke night in there - since they always seem to be having karaoke every night we have stopped by) .......but it's all good -- 'stine has a wonderful voice and enjoys getting up in front of everyone......ricky has gotten up there a couple times now and we have ALMOST convinced tommy that livin' on a prayer NEEDS his voice ;) ....but this time in, my mom's friend carol was there with a few of her karaoke singing buddies. they were all really good and i enjoyed listening to them......the problem arose when aubrey (one of carol's friends) decided that i needed to get up in front of everyone and belt one out....and i said NO WAY!!! he said yes way..i said NO...he said yes....NO ..yes....NO ...yes he said he could hear the music in my voice ....that i needed to let it out..... i said NO WAY.....he said if i went up there and sang a song he would drop his drawers to draw everyone's eyes off me......and just then my fellow eagles saved the day (night) saying it was time to go......WHEW!!!!

aubrey said NEXT TIME.....i said no way.....he said YOU WILL LOVE IT......i said maybe

now comes the true test of fate......do i dare darken val's doors ever again? or do i keep my off-key percussions inside my car all cozy?







1 comment:

  1. I think you can do it! I used to go to Karaoke all the time & yes I got up in front & sang my heart out. No I had not been drinkin. LOL.. As you saw at T's the one time. Get the app & practice at home or in the car with someone in the car with you. A little at a time.
    Ultimately it is your comfort zone & your decision when to step out.

    ReplyDelete