Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

boomtown rats

tell me why i hate mondays....
tell me why i hate mondays.....

i woke up with this song on a continuous loop in my head.....and it is STILL there now!
i treated myself to a dirt tea this morning, hoping that it would improve my monday disposition......NOT
i am listening to my favorite songs on my iTouch, hoping that the glitter in the air, sweet tupelo honey and beatles singing out my name might motivate me into a happy space......NOT

what is it about this day that has me in such a funk?

i think maybe it's the change in the weather....change in the seasons. i do not go willingly into the dark night known as winter.....sure i am looking forward to not having triple-digits on the thermometer and i am looking forward to hot chocolate with marshmallos and thick creamy soups to warm my tummy....but i am inherently a summergirl (listen to the song by DINO....my guys MOVIN' used to sing this song just for me!)

Summertime's in the air ~ And summergirls are everywhere ~ They raise excitability ~ I like the things they do to me ~ Summergirls ~ All day long summergirls ~ Sing this song
Summergirls set the pace ~ With sugnlasses on their face ~ Excuse me if I stop and stare ~ I like the kind of clothes they wear ~ Summergirls all day long ~ I like summergirls ~Sing this song

then again, maybe it's not the weather....maybe it's something else. sometimes i can get so OCD about things. perhaps it's just that my morning commute was not exactly the same as it has been for the past few weeks....

*
|

*
|

*
|

*
i want to lasso the moon & the stars ..... i want to drink coffee in the garden

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear your day is funky (and not the super-cool 70's style funky).... I really wish I could cheer you up...but unfortunately, that is not one of my strong suits.....I don't know how to be cheery......but you already know that....know that I am thinking of you..... ((((huggie, huggie))))

    ReplyDelete