Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

i wanna be

the one that gets rescued from the burning building ~ i'm tired of being the one that gets left behind

right now i'm hearin' jennifer nettles singing in my head.........which is very odd since miranda lambert is the one that is singing in reality (on my computer) ....but i digress.......

I ain't settlin'
For just getting by
I've had enough so-so
For the rest of my life
Tired of shooting too low
So raise the bar high
"Just enough," ain't enough this time
I ain't settlin' for anything less than everything
 
h'mmm now... WHAT exactly is it that i want?
 
...a family to take care of
...a house big enough to entertain friends & family
...a kitchen to freeform gastronomical delights
...a 'job' that is creatively fulfilling and monetarily stable
...love

2 comments:

  1. I love that song!

    When you spoke of the one being left behind...that made me feel so sad! I too, do not want you to settle for anything less than everything!

    Because you want these things so much, you will get them!

    I wish nothing, but the BEST for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jen.. You deserve so much more. You are there for others so much. I feel like Ive been left behind for so many more reasons than I like to reflect on. You've been there trying to help me out & I appreciate it.. love & hugs to you mi hermana

    ReplyDelete