Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

it just bites

i survived the cellulitis. in fact i THOUGHT i did pretty good because i did not delay going in to the ER and getting treatment until it was too late......i THOUGHT i was being a responsible adult......i THOUGHT i was taking care of business

but NOOOOOOOO! it's never just as simple as all that. i do not have a cloud with a silver lining in my life.

NOW i get to deal with an allergic reaction to the same D@MN drugs that were supposedly healing me & curing the infection in my skin tissue

my body is now covered nearly 85% from head to toe in a rash....hives.....red itchy welts.........................i don't remember chicken pox being THIS uncomfortable.....it's like tiny needles pricking at my skin and then the ITCH washes over me and begs me to take my nails and rake them across my body

i made rob hide my backscratcher (yes every good chinese girl keeps a backscratcher by her bedside!) so that i couldn't use that to bring relief to my tingling skin



ARAGGGGGGHHHHHH

it was back to the ER early thursday morning ....they diagnosed me....gave me a nice BIG shot of Benedryl in my okole as well as prescrptions for more Benedryl, prednisone and pepcid..............................i took them ALL DAY LONG yesterday with no relief

so BACK to the ER at midnight.............three hours later, same diagnosis. different drugs........at least THIS TIME they gave me some topical creme (cortisone) that i can put directly on the itches for instant (if only brief) relief!!!!

SCRATCH SCRATCH SCRATCH SCRATCH.....oh how i want to SCRATCH SCRATCH SCRATCH

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh, the horror. I can't imagine the ITCH. I remember how bad I thought chicken pox were, but then heard other horror stories of how bad it was. I ended up realizing I didn't get the short end of that stick.

    I always feel so horrible for a dog with fleas. Skin crawling....endlessly!

    I am sorry, I hope you are feeling better!

    ** I am feeling more and more sick as GFA is getting closer! I have started to believe that staring (gawking) at another man on your man's birthday, doesn't sound half bad :o)

    ReplyDelete