Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

another mom-ism

diddle diddle dumpling my son john
went to bed with his stockings on
one shoe off and one shoe on
diddle diddle dumpling my son john


.....ok, WHY remember this today.....guess it's just nostalgia......well, that AND as i am sitting here at my desk  really wanting to take a nap i am remembering that my mom used to 'sing' this little rhyme to me all the time because i would forever always have only one shoe on..............................and YES as i am sitting here at my desk, i STILL have only one shoe on.

i think the psycho-analytical-brain-tweakers might pick this apparent character-flaw of mine apart and logical-ize it by saying that i often remove one shoe to symbolize my tendency to only have one foot in reality and the other floating free in some fantasy world or other

...that will be $75, thank you & see you again same time next week!

3 comments:

  1. follow the foot that is floating in fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that one. If you think about it your feet need to breathe too. Switch off the barefoot sometimes. See how the fantasy works with the shoe on the other foot, so to speak. It doesn't hurt to fantasize every now & then.

    ReplyDelete