Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

FOOD

my best friend
my enemy
my comforter
my destroyer

we NEED it to live
we WANT it to feel good / give pleasures / set off endorphines

i am in a LOVE/HATE relationship with food......never fear i will not ever become anorexic nor bulemic.....but on the other hand i may eat so much that one day i will just EXPLODE.

i am a JUNKFOOD JUNKIE (remember that song from the 70's?!) in the trueset sense of the word....i am happiest while consuming mass produced over processed sugar infused fried food substances that come in plastic wrappings or paper/styroform containers .............and then when the feeding frenzy has ended i am even more upset and disappointed because i have failed yet again to stay away from the 'BAD FOOD'

i am also a firm believer in being GREEN/RAW ......when i prepare meals for family and friends i like to use the freshest ingredients and make it all from scratch. i love living in the boondocks where we have so many fresh farm stands available to buy great fruits and vegetables!!!! i LOVE fresh crunchy juicy sweet tangy fruits & veggies!!!

h'mmm i see my split/dual personality shining through once again....if only i could find a way to meet myself half-way someday.

right now i'm in a denial mode....i am denying myself all things 'bad' and TRYING to only eat fruits & veggies with a smattering of proteins mixed in...................................it's not working very well. i already failed yesterday, going for the 'do-over' today...but feeling like i am already slipping over the edges of the slippery slopes & into the big deep dark pit

3 comments:

  1. you are not alone in your struggles.....I will be there to catch you and push you back up out of the pit.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all struggle with food in one way or another. It's not always food itself, it's whats going on around us. You help me & I will help you.
    You wont explode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops typo. I wont let you explode.

    ReplyDelete