Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

a little bit country

i have a friend that used to avoid country music like the plague....until recently
now she's jumping in FEET FIRST and embracing the genre head on.....ironically i met her at a GFA concert in San Jose.....i recall her saying she loves gary but that's it...not into country music (i'm paraphrasing, but you get the gist) ......

and now....she's asked me for music & artists to feed her starving country soul..............

i'm going to list a few here, and if you feel so inclined please comment & add some of YOUR favorites!!!
*one rule....no Gary or Kenny (unless they are EXTREMELY OBSCURE) she knows their music very well!

ALABAMA
  Mountain Music
  The Fans
  My Home's In Alabama
  The Closer You Get
  Lady Down On Love
  Feels So Right
  Dixieland Delight
  Tennessee River
  Thank God For Kids
  If You/re Gonna Play In Texas

ALAN JACKSON
  Back Where I Come From
  Five O'Clock Somewhere
  Remember When
  Sissy's Song (or is it Song for Sissy?)
  Little Bitty
  Pop A Top
  Drive (For Daddy Gene)

JASON ALDEAN
  Johnny Cash
  Asphalt Cowboy
  Hicktown
  Big Green Tractor
  Laughed Until We Cried
 
ok...i was gonna go alphabetical..but too many songs are popping into my head

JAKE OWEN
  Eight Second Ride
  Don't Think I Can't Love You
  The Bad In Me
  Something About A Woman
  The Bottle and Me
  Startin' With Me
  Places to Run
 You Can Thank Dixie

JOHNNY CASH
  Sunday Morning
  Folsom Prison Blues
  Ring of Fire
  It Ain't Me
  Daddy Sang Bass
  A Boy Named Sue
  I'm Still In Love With Someone
 
CHUCK WICKS
  All I Ever Wanted
  Man of the House
  Starting Now
  What If You Stay

LUKE BRYAN
  The Car In Front Of Me
  Pray About Everything
  You Make Me Want To
  We Rode In Trucks
  I'll Stay Me
  Do I

SHANNON BROWN
  Corn Fed
  High Horses
  Can I Get An Amen
 
TIM McGRAW
  Southern Voice
  Last Dollar (Fly Away)
  The Cowboy In Me
  Over and Over
  Back When
  Do You Want Fries With That
  Comfort Me
  Sing Me Home
  Where The Green Grass Grows
  Everywhere

MARTINA McBRIDE
  This One's For the Girls
  God's Will
  Independence Day
 
JASON MICHAEL CARROLL
  Hurry Home
  Where I'm From
  Sleep When I'm Dead
  No Good In Goodbye
  Anywhere USA
  Honky Tonk Friends
  Let It Rain

TRENT TOMLINSON
  Henry Cartwright's Produce Stand
  Country Is My Rock
  Angels Like Her
  Hey Batter Batter
  One Wing In The Fire
  Drunker Than Me

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Judianne! What a list! Some I have, some I don't....so it's PERFECT!! Thank you for taking the time ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOn't forget anything Reba, Garth Brooks, Faith Hill, I could go on.. Would you like a list of the songs??

    ReplyDelete